Friday, June 23, 2017

Priscilla DeConti CZT 28

Warning this post may be a little long :)

I landed in Providence, RI Sunday afternoon June 18 around 2:30 pm....My dear husband drove us from Kingston to this little town so I could attend the CZT Seminar...He had no idea of the significance but was glad he could help...Then him and his friend drove off to do some explorations of their own.
 Room not ready and I went to the 17th floor of the Providence Biltmore and my life will never be the same.!!!
Greeted by Sue, who I later found out is Maria's sister, she was bubbly, pleasant and eager to help me get my bearings. I received a bag with some goodies and was told to put my name on it as we all would receive one(I later found out that all 123 of us!).
I could go on and on...From the spectacular view from my room

To my fantastic roommate,Patrika on the left and now good friend Donna(meal partner)

to all the tangles I did some good some not so good :)








And of course the mosaics from all the work..I have a couple and pictures don't really do them justice!




To all the fabulous people I met from all over..and I hope I don't leave any out:
Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Korea, Czech Republic, Maryland, Wisconsin, Columbia, Australia,
Connecticut, Japan, New Jersey, Canada, Germany(Thailand), South Africa and New York !
Here is a sample








This seminar was so wonderful, from beginning to end. Fabulous food, fabulous learning, fabulous venue, and fabulous hosts!!!
I was fortunate to win one of the fantastic prints they were giving away..Almost went into shock when I heard my name!(I never win anything LOL)

And of course the fantastic student gallery with people bringing their masterpieces even before seminar started!








And Rick and Maria, the loving folks they are gave everyone a copy like this with a bit of everyone's work!




And the ending was bittersweet. I did not want it to end.Yet of course it did and the final moments as we each received our certificates. Hugs, smiles and tears...

So now I am home and I can hardly think of those days without tears flowing..ready to share with others what Zentangle is all about and how it has changed me forever!!

Thank you Rick and Maria for being such loving, kind people wanting to help and give others some peace and joy in their lives. One stroke at a time !!!

And now I am off to create!!!










2 comments:

  1. that sounds like it was a wonderful experience on many levels, and I love that there were people from all over the world. So glad you did this, can't wait to hear about it!!!1

    ReplyDelete

My first Zentangle class and....

I tested the waters this week and did a complimentary class with an enthusiastic, supportive and encouraging group of women from Serenity Sc...